Edgar and Nellie Lower opened the Bakersville Garage, Inc. on January 1. 1952, and will celebrating 66 years in business. The farm equipment dealership has become a family business for sure; both Edgar and Nellie are still active in the business. But the day-to-day operation is handled by our three children, Cheryl Specht, Jerry Lower and Kim Bennington plus our son-in-law, Tim Specht.
In 1951, Edgar and Nellie purchased a local gas station with the help of the late Frank and Mary Robinson to begin their business at the young age of 19. The station was converted into a repair garage for automobiles, tractors or “just about anything” to be worked on. Along with his father, Clyde Lower, Edgar and handful of employees working together the business was started. In 1954, Edgar added Sperry New Holland products to his business thus Bakersville Garage operation continued to grow. In 1965, we added a new addition the main building using the new area for the main sales room and parts counter. Ten years later in 1975, a workshop was added to use as paint shop and work area for the larger equipment. The last expansion was done in the 90’s for the accounting and sales office.
From our humble start, we now feature the New Holland brand, Kinze planters, Bush Hog, Hardi and other short lines. The dealership has a strong commitment to and investment in providing parts and skilled technicians.
Bakersville Garage is your Family of Friends
Edgar & Nellie Lower
Company Manager/Sales & Service
Timothy (Tim) Specht